This creamy coconut vanilla yogurt is pretty yummy. You won't be disappointed with this homemade version, it's quick and easy to make and tastes better than any shop version. To top it off, it's dairy-free, and is keto and vegan friendly.
There are a few ways to make coconut vanilla yogurt, and all I've tried are very good but this one for easiness and taste beats all others hands down. With only three ingredients, you wouldn't believe how creamy the texture is. And, believe me, if I can make this then you can too!
I believe this vanilla yogurt goes perfect with any dessert, but I particularly enjoy adding it to my keto friendly desserts Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Avocado Lime Mousse, it adds extra taste and texture.
I am a big fan of alternative foods that are free from just about everything. If you're like me looking for a dairy-free, keto or vegan then you may have just found your perfect alternative that will just about accompany anything you love eating.
This coconut vanilla yogurt Is Free-From What?
Most people are sensitive, intolerant or even allergic to processed foods ie carbs full of sugar, dairy, potatoes, bread, grains and nuts without realising it.
You only realise how threatening some foods are to your body when you cut them out of your diet. This was the case for myself!
Free-from refers to foods that cause intolerences or allergens, but allergens are life threatening whereas intolerances aren’t. However, both cause equal amount of pain, suffering and grievances to the person suffering.
There are a few foods that I look for when shopping or planning to make something. This coconut vanilla yogurt comes within those categories of free from:
Chef's Coconut Vanilla Yogurt Notes & Tips
The only downside to making this Coconut Vanilla Yogurt is you'll need to start preparing it the night before. You will need to put the can of coconut milk in the fridge and leave it there overnight.
Make sure you buy canned coconut milk not a carton.
Before putting the can into your shopping basket check the ingredients to make sure there aren't any nasties that you know of. Also, give it a shake and listen for its thickness. I use Chaokoh Coconut because it's rich, creamy and contains more coconut cream than water. Other brands I recommend are Biona Organic Coconut Milk and Puro Organic Coconut Milk.
You can use any good quality probiotic to make this yogurt, I use Modere Protozymes.
*If you've made this recipe with another branded coconut milk or probiotic and had good results please share in the comments to help other readers!
You don't need any fancy equipment to make this, just a sterilised jar with a lid and a clean cloth. Your jar needs to be sterilised, if it's not it could contaminate your yogurt, and that of course would be disastrous because you'll have to throw it away.
Should you want a runny yogurt or drinking yogurt you will need to add more coconut water from the can than what I recommend in the full recipe below.
When your coconut yogurt is ready feel free to add your favourite fruit, compote, maple syrup, chocolate sauce or whatever takes your fancy.
Tools To Make Creamy Coconut Vanilla Yogurt
It makes your life easier when you prepare foods with the correct kitchen appliances. Here’s what you need to get started:
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put the can of coconut in the fridge the night before upside down.
- The next day sterilize your jar by rinsing thoroughly with boiling water. I put my jar and lid on the drainer and fill them with boiled water from the kettle. Let them sit for a couple of minutes before carefully pouring out. Let them dry and cool down naturally before adding any ingredients.
- Take the can of coconut milk out of the fridge.
- With the can upside down and with a can opener pierce two holes in the base opposite each other.
- Turn the can the right way up and drain the coconut water in a cup. Put into the fridge to use for later or to add to smoothies.
- Keep the can the right way up to open it.
- Scoop the coconut cream out of the can and put it into your jar.
- Open two probiotic capsules and pour the ingredients into the jar.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Mix together with a plastic spoon, never metal.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and put in a warm place such as an airing cupboard for at least 24 hours...48 hours is better.
- Remover the cloth, put the lid on and put in the fridge over night to thicken further.
- If you want the yogurt runnier, then now's the time to add a little coconut water.
*If you use other ingredients or quantities, I can’t guarantee the results.
creamy coconut vanilla yogurt Nutrition Defined
This makes a total of 4 servings, each serving equates to 203 Calories, 2.3g Protein, 17.7g Fats, 2.17g Net Carbs.
Can of Coconut Cream
Per 1 Serving