A quick creamy tagliatelle pesto dish cooked with bacon and mushrooms tossed with creamy sauce…so tasty and yummy and you would not believe it is gluten-free and dairy-free.
It takes just a handful of ingredients and fifteen to twenty minutes to make this mouth-watering indulgent rich creamy tagliatelle. This dinner is for those days when nothing but a creamy pesto pasta will do!
My family love pesto, and adding mushrooms and bacon is our favourite. This combination goes down a treat. Since we love the keto diet now, pasta is rarely eaten in our house, but our friends love this and to make it a little healthier for them we use gluten-free tagliatelle.
To make it more keto, you could use pea pasta but this is an acquired taste and isn’t to everyone’s liking.
Creamy Tagliatelle Pesto Tips
Our friends say this is the best tagliatelle recipe they've ever eaten. As always, I suggest to use good quality oils for this recipe, never use vegetable oils.
To make it even healthier, try adding a little spinach and/or green beans. Roasted vegetables taste amazing with this dish. Whichever combination you use, you’ll find this recipe will go well with so many other foods such as grilled chicken or bacon.
I highly recommend serving this pesto dish with grated Parmesan. If you’re vegan use dairy-free Parmesan cheese.
This is an absolute winner of a dish, so what are you waiting for?
It makes your life easier when you prepare foods with a kitchen appliance rather than mix by hand. We use a Vitamix to prepare this delicious smoothie, but you can easily use a good quality hand blender such as KitchenAid. You will also need a deep pan and a small pan.
In our house, we use a combination of blenders and food processors to prepare foods for different recipes. For good kitchen appliances check out Reviews of Kitchen Appliances We Use and Recommend!
It makes your life easier when you prepare foods with the correct kitchen appliances. Here’s what you need to get started:
For The Pasta:
- 200g Gluten-free Tagliatelle
For The Pesto:
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 15g Pine Kernels
- 50g Fresh Basil Leaves
- 60g Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 30g Parmesan Cheese – Freshly Grated
- Splash Of Coconut Cream (Optional)
Step By Step Instructions:
For The Fresh Pesto (you can make this in advance):
- We’ll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put the garlic, pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly
- Add the basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste
- While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the Parmesan cheese
For Finishing The dish:
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook your tagliatelle al dente
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be cooked
- Drain it and put it back in the pot
- Pour the pesto into the tagliatelle and mic together
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves and top with Parmesan
*If you use other ingredients or quantities, I can’t guarantee the results.